Communications Manager – senior copywriter/content producer to HSA Group
HSA Group is one of the largest multinational conglomerates in the Middle East, employing over 35,000 people across five global regions and a yearly turnover of 10 billion USD. As a key player in global trade, the parent organisation runs more than 70 different companies. The organisation’s commercial activities include producing market-leading food and beverage brands, packaging, household goods and healthcare products, importing and manufacturing essential foodstuffs and commodities.
In its work to support diverse development and humanitarian initiatives in the Middle East and beyond, HSA Group partners with UN agencies and humanitarian organisations, such as the WFP and WHO, to support the delivery of public health, nutrition and food security programmes. The company is driven by the philosophy set by its founders: a belief in doing well by doing good.
We are seeking a Communications Manager focused on copywriting for white and policy papers, talking points and speeches, opinion pieces, Q & A’s, press releases and content for web and social media. The purpose is to support C-levels with qualified text material and to elevate the brand voice across multiple platforms.
This position will be pivotal in crafting and optimizing messages that resonate with our target audiences and strengthen our brand's mission. You will join our growing in-house team, predominantly supporting the communications and external affairs functions, but you will also work closely with other functions. You report to the Chief Communications Officer.
You have strong written English skills, a meticulous eye for detail, being comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. This role will work closely with the Communications, External Affairs, as well as Creative and Digital teams. You will be an effective communicator, able to work with digital agencies, art directors or animators to conceptualise an idea and see it through to a finished asset.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in persuasive and effective copywriting and engaging content, and will contribute to the achievement of the group’s overarching communications and stakeholder engagement strategies, by supporting Communications and External Affairs teams in effectively delivering high quality communications activity and stakeholder relations.
We offer hybrid and remote working options, allowing you to choose the approach that suits you best, provided it aligns with your responsibilities to the organisation. Stockholm or London are suitable working locations. The role requires business travels, primarily to Dubai, but also to other regional hubs.
- Develop and oversee content development that aligns with our brand DNA.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including but not limited to External Affairs and Economic Development Initiatives unit to ensure coherent messaging across all platforms,.
Content Creation & Copywriting:
- Draft compelling copy for a range of materials, including press releases, presentations, talking points, blog posts, website content, and internal communications.
- Support with creative copywriting when needed, including but not limited to marketing decks, social and paid media.
- Maintain our tone of voice across all platforms, to ensure all copy represents the brand DNA.
- Ensure consistency in the brand voice and messaging across all communication materials.
- Engage with stakeholders, including media, partners, and other relevant stakeholders, presenting the company's vision and updates with clarity and confidence.
- Work with the Communications and External Affairs teams in the delivery of creative, engaging copy across several channels, including press releases, editorials, printed collateral, talking points, written Q&As, white papers, speeches, and emails directed at various stakeholders.
- Issues and crisis management, preparing responses and strategies to maintain brand reputation.
- Manage briefings of stakeholders ahead of any external engagement.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communication campaigns and messaging, analysing KPIs and ROI.
- Use insights to recommend strategic improvements and drive better engagement with target audiences.
- Ensure that projects meet deadlines and are completed with a high degree of autonomy and attention to detail.
Skills and experience required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in communications or related roles as senior copywriter.
- Native English speaker.
- Exceptional skills in copywriting, tone of voice, and messaging strategy in writing, speaking and presenting. An ability to write for a variety of formats and channels, tailor messaging to different audiences across different platforms, and to find stories internally within the Group.
- Issues and crisis management experience.
- Ability to understand complex issues and craft messages for different audiences.
- Meticulous eye for detail.
- Must be culturally sensitive and ideally, but not necessary, had experience working within the Middle East.
- Creative: you are a great storyteller using your creativity to design messages that resonate with a target audience
- Collaborative: you thrive on being part of a team forging great relationships inside and outside of the organisation. You are open, helpful, considerate and hands-on
- Accurate: you are a passionate, articulate and compelling communicator who pays attention to detail
- Organised: you are a great organiser and can re-prioritise where required
- Proactive: you are not afraid to take the initiative and enjoy problem solving and coming up with new ways of looking at a challenge
Apply now to Bohmans Nätverk by uploading your CV and cover letter on the website www.bohmans.com. For more information about this position please contact Åsa Elm, email@example.com or Erik Haglöf, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your application!
- - -
HSA Group is among the largest family-owned companies on its markets and is a leading importer of food commodities and essential goods, producing the number one brand of edible oils, operating one of the largest biscuits and snacks manufacturing companies based in the area, and is one of the largest corrugated carton manufacturing companies in the region.
Throughout its nearly 85-year history, the company has adopted a values-led approach to sustainable growth. The company’s values prize and reward compassion, care for others and a community spirit, guiding how it works with its employees, partners, and the societies we serve across the world.
Learn more about the company at www.hsagroup.com