Global Consumer & Market Insight Manager
Cloetta, founded in 1862, is a leading confectionery company in the Nordic region and the Netherlands. We are manufacturing and marketing sugar confectionery, chocolate products, nuts, pastilles and chewing gum. In total, Cloetta products are sold in around 35 markets worldwide and growing.
We own some of the strongest brands on the market, e.g Läkerol, Red Band, Venco, Lonka, Jenkki, Kexchoklad, Malaco, Sportlife, Saila, Sperlari and Nutisal, most of them with a long heritage tradition.
About 2 500 employees work for us worldwide as we operate in 11 different countries. We are committed to continuously renew and utilize the company’s expertise and want to hire and develop competent employees that are given the opportunity to realize their full potential.
In the position as Global Consumer & Market Insight Manager you will be the voice of the consumer thus playing a key role in the central organization and have multiple touchpoints for research to explore. You will be a strategic partner of the Marketing team by uncovering and creating actionable insights to drive our strategies, business decisions and competitive advantage. Due to your enhanced understanding of consumer and market needs, we expect you to provide council to our brands and inspire us to prepare the business for the future.
You will be based in Stockholm but you should have an appetite for travelling internationally on a regular basis. You report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer. Your key stakeholders will be the central marketing organization, country and marketing managers as well as insight managers on Cloettas most important markets.
Cloettas vision is to become the most admired satisfier of munchy moments. You are expected to contribute to this by:
- Refining and streamlining Cloetta´s research eco-system for primary and secondary research to identify new and the right research methods and suppliers (e.g. exploiting the latest research methodologies in the digital space)
- Managing the global research roadmap to align key priorities from the groups perspective and identifying future projects to ensure organizational learning plan that will help navigate our decision making of what will be the next big bet. I.e. be the consumer advocate and ensure knowledgesharing of insights through the line
- Supporting and guiding the CMO and the Innovation Director in identification and development of brand-, consumer- and market insights, thus bringing an analytical point of view to all research challenges and providing insights to identify business opportunities and NPD.
- Guiding and leading ideation and hackathon sessions of the Marketing team.
Desired skills and experience
We are looking for a senior level insight enthusiast leader that is fluent in AC Nielsen and GFK, gets the munchies of ethnological studies and deep diving in consumer behaviour, have an infatuation for brands and confectionary & snacks. Most likely you have a background in the FMCG and/or retail industry on a international level plus some years of moonlighting at a well esteemed research firm. You are true believer in digital research methodologies and know every acronym. You have the experience and ability to quickly understand and tap into new trends and shifting consumer behaviour, thus take analysis and insight into action. You get excited about building spreadsheets and excel-charts with quant data, and setting up brand & marketing monitoring score-cards.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Marketing and 5-7+ years of relevant consumer/market research experience (concept tests, product tests, tracking, copy testing, brand image etc)
- An analytical mindset, passionate about consumer research and comfortable with the full the scope of the research process (Qualitative as well as Quantitative) from start to finish with a feedback-loop
- Experience of driving pan-European consumer & market research and insight projects with multiple stakeholders and suppliers.
- GFK and AC Nielsen Apps installed on your smartphone since the first a/b-test.
- Experience or high level of passion for FMCG / Food
- Ability to attract, engage and lead cross-border teams with exuberance rather than authority. I.e. a nous for navigating and driving decision making in a complex matris organization.
- A minimum of a bachelor´s degree in relevant field of studies which provides the necessary analytical capability (e.g. marketing research, marketing, sociology, psychology, statistics, business administration)
Our partner in this recruitment is Bohmans Nätverk. Apply as soon as possible, by uploading you CV and cover letter on their website www.bohmans.com. For more information about this position please contact Anders Welin on 0706-332137, firstname.lastname@example.org or Erik Haglöf on 0708 44 11 60, erik.haglöf@bohmans.com. We are looking forward to your application!