Head of Data Science & Machine Learning till SeQura
SeQura's mission is to deliver innovative payment solutions and transformative customer experiences for merchants, that improve sales conversion, customer loyalty and lifetime value. Our product platform provides a set of fast, flexible, and secure payments, risk management, and customer care capabilities that drive sustainable growth. We make a difference by tailoring our solutions to specific verticals, to address their unique needs and deliver superior results.
SeQura is a privately owned scaleup growing at a 67% CAGR and approaching 60 Million in Annual Recurring Revenue. With a core business of flexible payments growing significantly above the market, this year we are launching new product categories, lines of business and expanding to international markets. Over 5000 businesses, almost 2 million shoppers and almost 300 employees continue to rate us as one of the most loved and trusted fintechs out there, with an NPS of 87% a Trustpilot rating of 4.8 / 5 and a Glassdoor rating of 4.8 / 5.
About the role
As seQura´s Head of Data Science and Machine Learning, your role is strategic. You'll lead the development of machine learning models that make a real difference in our business, helping us stay ahead in a competitive market.
What you'll do
You will make:
- Strategic Modeling for business growth - develop machine learning models that focus on key business outcomes like revenue growth and customer retention.
- Adaptable Models for various needs - create machine learning solutions tailored for different business areas, from risk assessment to customer service.
- Risk Assessment Specialization - design adaptable risk models that can be applied across different products, markets, and customer segments.
- Team Leadership and skill development - take charge of the data science and machine learning team, emphasizing both growth and consolidation in alignment with our strategic priorities.
- Effective Communication for business impact - articulate the benefits and impact of your machine learning models in a way that convinces stakeholders to invest in your initiatives.
What we offer
We have a strong and sustainable foundation, where we provide a secure and reliable workplace. You have the freedom and trust to make the best contribution possible. One of our most valued strengths by our employees is our fellowship and supportive culture, which fosters a sense of belonging by working closely with our values. With us, you will have challenging projects to work on and push your skills and knowledge. In addition, we are very proud of the unique office we have, which offers a comfortable and inspiring environment to work in with everything you need.
- Free fruit, coffee and drinks at our amazing cafeteria.
- Monthly after works and annual events (Summer, Christmas, and many more)!
- 10 vacation days of free disposal per year worked.
What you’ll need
- Master's or Ph.D. in data science, machine learning, or a similar field is required.
- Minimum of 8 years in data science, with at least 2-3 years in a leadership role that positively impacted business goals.
- Strong experience with Python, R, SQL, and machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow.
- Demonstrable success in using machine learning to achieve real business objectives.
- Ability to convey technical ideas in terms business stakeholders can understand and act upon.
- Proven experience in leading a team, aligning team skills and projects with business goals.
- Fluent in English and proficiency in Spanish is valuable.
We promote equal opportunity to all, regardless of age, color, gender identity, medical condition, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other characteristic. We have an inclusive environment, and respect is above all.
Do you want to be part of the change? Join us!
The Director of Product is a permanent, full-time position based at our head office in Barcelona.
Apply now, or contact us for more information about the role and the process: Erik Myrhage, phone: +46(0)733 73 45 33 email@example.com or Johan Larsson Cellular +46 (0)733 44 44 41 firstname.lastname@example.org