Head of Finance till SeQura
SeQura's mission is to deliver innovative payment solutions and transformative customer experiences for merchants, that improve sales conversion, customer loyalty and lifetime value. Our product platform provides a set of fast, flexible, and secure payments, risk management, and customer care capabilities that drive sustainable growth. We make a difference by tailoring our solutions to specific verticals, to address their unique needs and deliver superior results.
SeQura is a privately owned scaleup growing at a 67% CAGR and approaching 60 Million in Annual Recurring Revenue. With a core business of flexible payments growing significantly above the market, this year we are launching new product categories, lines of business and expanding to international markets. Over 5000 businesses, almost 2 million shoppers and almost 300 employees continue to rate us as one of the most loved and trusted fintechs out there, with an NPS of 87% a Trustpilot rating of 4.8 / 5 and a Glassdoor rating of 4.8 / 5.
About the role
As our Head of Finance you will be working closely with the CFO on financial control, cash management and financial strategy including building models and setting procedures.
What you'll do
- Be responsible for Accounting, FP&A and Cash Management, and a team of six colleagues.
- Coordinate and manage the Finance team’s interactions with Tech, Risk, Debt Collection and other teams.
- Analyze, improve and implement best practices for Accounting, data and reporting in order to prepare SeQura for an IPO within 3 - 5 years.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts.
- Be responsible for Treasury management including daily cash reconciliation.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Coordinate preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local and government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Be assisting in financial steering and strategy in terms of cash flow and balance sheet management.
- Be an integral part of preparing the company for an exit in 3 – 5 years’ time.
- Be preparing investor, board and management presentation material.
- Will contribute to best practices and mentor less experienced colleagues.
What we offer
We have a strong and sustainable foundation, where we provide a secure and reliable workplace. You have the freedom and trust to make the best contribution possible. One of our most valued strengths by our employees is our fellowship and supportive culture, which fosters a sense of belonging by working closely with our values. With us, you will have challenging projects to work on and push your skills and knowledge. In addition, we are very proud of the unique office we have, which offers a comfortable and inspiring environment to work in with everything you need.
- Free fruit, coffee and drinks at our amazing cafeteria.
- Monthly after works and annual events (Summer, Christmas, and many more)!
What you’ll need
- Proven working experience in a similar position, preferably with experience of working with backend developers in order to develop and structure required reports.
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Advanced degree in Accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- You have a European Union work permit.
- You are a true team player: open to feedback, helpful to teammates, low-ego approach to work, diverse friendly, transparent about your work, communicative.
- A really great communicator – both through your visualization work and written channels, as well as in workshops and verbal presentations.
- Great analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments.
- You have excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- You are organized, disciplined and structured.
- You can manage your workload and communicate properly.
- You are fluent in English and proficiency in Spanish is valuable.
We promote equal opportunity to all, regardless of age, color, gender identity, medical condition, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic. We have an inclusive environment, and respect is above all.
Do you want to be part of the change? Join us!
The Head of Finance is a permanent, full-time position based at our head office in Barcelona.
Apply now, or contact us for more information about the role and the process: Erik Haglöf, phone: +46(0)708 44 11 60 firstname.lastname@example.org or Cornilla von Plomgren Cellular +46 (0)760 492 800 email@example.com