Marketing & Communications Manager Expo 2020, Dubai
The Swedish participation at Expo 2020 is the government’s largest investment on trade, investment and tourism promotion. The aim is to promote Sweden as a knowledge society and the competitiveness and creativity of Swedish industry, as well as to strengthen a versatile and positive image of Sweden abroad.
The Swedish pavilion will host a public exhibition, a conference section for the participating companies and organizations, and a broad programming content both inside and outside the pavilion. A number of high-level delegations, both from the public and from the private sector, will occur during the six months of Expo 2020.
About the position
The assignment as Marketing & Communications Manager entails working in close cooperation with the Marketing and Communications Director (based in Stockholm and in Dubai 60 percent of the time) while being self-sufficient and having documented experience on projects within the marketing and communications industry. Categorized as a typical doer, the candidate should have the drive to manage own projects and be used to taking own initiatives, as well as having the ability to implement and complete tasks with excellent results within short timelines.
Included in the position
- Lead on-the-spot communication efforts based on existing plans drawn up by the Marketing and Communications Director.
- Evaluate in real time the need for communication efforts, and while doing so have a close cooperation with the different organizations working in the pavilion, including the Senior Management Team and especially the Marketing and Communications Director.
- Ensuring that the Swedish partner companies are professionally managed in the area of communication and marketing.
- Produce shorter texts and social media material. Knowledge of basic social media communication is a strong advantage.
- As part of the Swedish pavilion's Crisis Response Team, the candidate should ensure that the communicative needs are taken into account and to provide relevant input on communication efforts during critical events, in close consultation with the Marketing and Communications Director.
- Act as a jetty and project manager for the daily film recordings that will be made in consultation with the program department, the website production team and towards external partners/agencies.
- Relevant education.
- Fluency in both written and oral English. Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Have knowledge of the new media landscape and be able to act as Media Liaison Officer towards the central Expo organizer in Dubai.
- Have experience from working with communication in international environment.
- Have previous experience with Google Adwords and digital media purchases.
- Be able to represent the official Sweden towards other countries and others in a public context.
- Have a wide network of contacts, especially in Dubai, is a strong advantage.
Temporary employment with placement at the Swedish pavilion at Expo 2020 in Dubai from 1 October 2020 to 24 April 2021 (exact dates according to agreement).
Training of all personnel is carried out 1–19 October in Dubai.
Salary level according to agreement.
For further information please contact Jessica Bjurström, Marketing & Communications Director: Jessica.email@example.com
Apply via the link: https://expo2020.se/start-page/we-are-hiring/