Senior Android Developer (6 month)
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer, 6 month appointment, to join our innovative squad where our goal is to let our users connect and consume music in multiple platforms. We work with Spotify Connect which is a key feature supported across all Spotify apps, devices and platforms with a constantly growing user base. We also work with Tablets and have the opportunity to directly cater for and impact our tablet users.
What you will do
- Develop features and maintain our existing features on Android using Java that are both scalable and reliable.
- Work within the challenging technology of Spotify Connect.
- Work on implementing new features for our tablet users.
- Communicate effectively with your team: product, design and mobile engineers.
- Actively participate and contribute with your team's way of working.
- Pair program, review pull requests, share knowledge and collaborate with other mobile engineers.
- Drive and own initiatives to improve the department's operations, tech excellence or productivity.
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of modern Android development.
- You have experience working with RxJava and Dagger.
- You have experience writing unit tests and espresso tests that let all developers change code fearlessly.
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant Java
- You write tests for the code you create (unit, integration, end to end)
- You are proactive in your communication and you collaborate with other areas besides engineering (product, design)
- Quality, and Tech Excellence are values that resonate with you.
- Robolectric, Kotlin and C++ skills are a big plus.
Please apply directly or contact email@example.com for further information.