Senior Art Director – Temporary 12 months
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.
Spotify is searching for an experienced Art Director & Graphic Designer to join Spotify’s Editorial Design team in Stockholm for 12 months.
Editorial Design is a globally distributed practice focused on building and unifying Spotify’s brand personality across all of our products. We build brands, tools and product experiences for a global audience spread across 80 markets (and counting). At the center of our remit, we drive global creative direction of Spotify’s iconic playlists.
We are a horizontal practice, collaborating with product, brand, marketing and content disciplines. We think in terms of scalable systems, not bespoke solutions.
If you’re an excellent designer and great collaborator with a strong interest in editorial design and music culture, this opportunity might be your calling.
What you’ll do
Design; this is a hands-on brand design role, you’ll take full ownership of creative work from concept through execution.
Collaborate; you’ll represent Editorial Design while working with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world. You’ll partner closely with program managers, product owners, producers, brand and marketing teams to create elegant and practical solutions.
Innovate; you’ll contribute to evolving one of the world’s most iconic brands, respecting our past while looking toward our future.
Lead; you’ll be a leader in your own work, take charge to drive your projects forward and inspire your peers to make their best work.
Who you are
- You’re a great designer with an incredible portfolio and a thoughtful cover letter demonstrating that you’re:
- A system-oriented designer with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Passionate about building brand identities and scalable systems.
- Driven by creating smart and understandable solutions.
- Both big picture and detail oriented.
- A self-starter, proactive, punctual, dependable.
- A great communicator and have a point of view; you’re comfortable explaining and presenting your work.
- Put users first and are passionate about data driven solutions.
- Understanding that localization, representation and empathy for different culture is something that is crucial within this role.
- Always looking to evolve your craft and leadership skills.
- Passionate about music and the culture that surrounds it.
- A master of imagery and typography techniques.
- Want to have an influential voice within the global design community.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio.
- We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Our partner in this interim recruitment is Bohmans Nätverk. Apply as soon as possible, by uploading your CV and cover letter on their website www.bohmans.com. For more information about this position please contact Linda Schmidt or Maria Norberg, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
We are looking forward to your application!