Senior UX Designer – Concept Expert
Swedbank is the bank for many people, households and businesses. As a leading bank in its home markets of Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, Swedbank offers a wide selection of financial services and products. We are looking for more employees who share our values - open, simple and caring - and want to contribute to enabling people, businesses and the society to grow. If you have ambition and share our attitude, you will find many opportunities here. At Swedbank you have possibilities to grow. It is your drive and commitment that determine how you develop.
Are you passionate about user centered design, and do you want to help more than 4 million private customers and 300 000 corporate customers to get in control of their financial health? Do you want to create and implement new design concepts in Swedbank and be a part of a big UX community? We’re looking for someone to take charge of idea generation as well as create best in class, tangible ideas and solutions together with fellow designers and cross functional teams. Is that someone you?
About the job
User Experience & Service Design has grown fast in terms of importance and headcount in the past few years at Swedbank. We are a mix of researchers, UX designers, visual designers and UX writers with both broad and specialized competences. We are now looking for a senior UX designer to the business area of advisory, savings, pension and insurance. You will use and actively share your deep knowledge on design methods and craftsmanship and educate other designers in order to continuously grow their design skills.
Most design initiatives have many stakeholders so good communication skills and balancing many needs are at core.
- Your job is to spearhead the design work within the value stream ‘Savings & Advisory Transformation’ and help develop the UX organization through expert knowledge on design methodology and next level craftsmanship skills.
- You will work closely with a team of 10-15 designers with different competencies and roles; researchers, UX-designers, visual designer and UX-writer as well as cross functional teams - together creating and putting to life the banks digital strategies.
- You will synthesize customer needs with the user researchers and turn the needs into concepts and ideas spanning over short- and long-term implementation.
- You bring customer journeys to life; visualizing the needs of the customer and creating ideas that solve the customer’s needs. You do this through a process firmly grounded in customer centric design, and you collaborate with user researches, UX designers and cross functional stakeholders.
- Support multiple projects with expert UX knowledge - designing hands on but primarily coaching UX designers and other stakeholders where extra support is needed.
- Continuously monitor trends and developments within UX design, actively try out and explore new methods and inspire other designers to create state of the art design
- Hold idea generation workshops with the designers and cross functional teams, always making sure that the customer, business and technology are balanced.
- Even though you see the larger picture your focus is to create and visualize concrete ideas.
- Communicate design to many stakeholders
We think you’ll need
- You’re mastering design thinking and design doing and you develop the methodology at Swedbank through the projects you lead and participate in.
- You are excellent at idea generation – both the process, the ideas that you come up with and the process that you create the ideas through
- You are equally a doer, that can create tangible output, as a co-creation leader able to inspire and support others (designers and non-designers) in creating better designs.
- You are experienced in understanding the needs of the corporate environment, and you thrive in creating cooperation and to understand different corporate viewpoints.
- You are an excellent communicator, able to explain what you do and why as well as able to argue the case for design decisions when needed
- You cooperate with others, are a good listener, and enjoy understanding how the output of your work feeds into others work and to the larger picture at Swedbank.
Why work with us
At Swedbank you'll be part of the journey of establishing design as a force to be reckoned within an organization of 14 000 people. We're not there yet. We still face struggles in finding good ways of working and establishing an understanding of the value of design. But we have very good traction. We've doubled the design organization in the past year or two, and the interest in design is constantly growing. We are now more than 70 designers in our design community. It's an exciting time to do design at Swedbank - a stable workplace with good benefits and room to grow!
My name is Annette Öberg and I have the privilege to lead designers with impressive skills, broad as well as specialized competences. We actively work to create an open design culture where we support each other and constantly improve upon each other’s work. We work hard – and having fun is part of it!
Submit your application. We will go through the candidacy selection continuously. We cooperate with Bohmans Nätverk in this recruitment, for further questions please contact our recruitment consultant Erik Myrhage firstname.lastname@example.org / +46(0)733 734533 We look forward to your application with CV and personal letter. Unfortunately, we do not accept applications by mail.